- An online record will be completed for each carrier you borrow with your full name and contact details, loan charges and due date. A printed copy of these Terms and Conditions will also be provided for you to review, and will be emailed to you with your receipt
- Your personal details will be kept in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998, and will only be used to contact you in relation to your loan and occasional Coventry Slings events or promotions.
- All carriers are lent subject to availability, condition and suitability.
- The replacement of any lost carriers or accessories will be invoiced to the hirer. Charges for lost components will be equal to replacement cost (including any postage costs). Charges for items damaged beyond normal wear and tear will be judged on a case by case basis.
- If you return your carrier late we will charge £5 per week or part of a week past the agreed returns due date until the date that you contact us and agree a resolution. These fees will be invoiced to you and can be paid by cash, card or paypal.
- It is possible to renew your loan for an additional period with payment (PayPal/cash/card). If a carrier is kept for 6 months we will require that it is seen by a librarian to be checked before any further renewals
- Under adverse or unforeseen circumstances we may reduce or waive fines for late returns as long as the late period is less than 7 days and has been fully agreed by us before the end of the loan period
- If we do not hear from you within 28 days from the end of your loan, we will consider the carrier lost and invoice for the cost to replace. Legal action will follow non payment.
- If you are unable to return your carrier by the agreed date due to Library staff illness or holidays, we will extend your loan period for free and agree a new returns due date with you.
- Returns can be made to any Coventry Slings event or to a librarian’s house by arrangement
- If this is not possible the carrier may be returned by post to arrive on or before the returns due date.
- The carrier is returned by post at your own cost and risk (please use Special Delivery and retain proof of postage). Please ensure you allow sufficient time for the carrier to arrive by its return due date.
- Please ensure that the carrier and any accessories are packaged appropriately – we prefer that you ‘double-bag’ the carrier and write both addresses on both layers.
CONDITION AND CARE
- All carriers are checked before lending to ensure that they are in good condition and working order. Please ensure you are happy with the condition of the carrier before leaving
- It is the borrower’s responsibility to check over the carrier before use. Check all buckles, hems and seams ensuring that there are no tears, breaks, cracks or holes. If any damage is discovered, please stop using the carrier immediately and contact us.
- Please DO NOT wash our carriers, some are delicate, and need special cleaning. Please let us know if you are not happy with the condition when you receive it so that we can either instruct you what to do or rectify it ourselves. We understand that children may get the odd bit of food or posset on a sling and would ask that you spot clean these with water only before returning the sling. In the instance of heavy soiling, please contact us for advice.
- Under no circumstances is it permitted to smoke whilst wearing or holding the carrier. Please inform us if you are a smoker, or if there is a smoker in your home
- We cannot guarantee that there are no marks on the carriers we lend. Carriers are spot-cleaned regularly and/or laundered as appropriate when the lending schedule allows. If you would prefer to use a freshly laundered carrier please request this before you borrow.
- We cannot guarantee that there are no animal hairs on our carriers, but we ask that all carriers are kept away from pets to minimize this possibility. If you are very allergic to animal hairs, please request that the carrier be laundered before you borrow it to help reduce any potential reaction.
- Food and posset marks are expected when carrying children, but please keep the sling away from anything that may stain more permanently (oil, paint, pens, etc.), or anything that might damage it (scissors, velcro, keys in your bag, fire, etc.). The cost of damage beyond normal wear and tear may be invoiced to you.
- All slings, carriers, instructions and accessories remain the property of Coventry Slings at all times. All loans are subject to availability and our discretion.
- ALL CARRIERS ARE EXTREMELY SAFE WHEN USED PROPERLY, HOWEVER MISUSE CAN CAUSE INJURY TO YOURSELF OR YOUR CHILD. IT IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY TO ENSURE THAT YOU ARE USING THE CARRIER CORRECTLY AND THAT YOUR BABY OR CHILD IS SAFE AT ALL TIMES WHEN USING THE CARRIER. Coventry Sling Library cannot be held responsible for any accident and resultant injuries that occur whilst the carrier is in your care.
- All carriers are provided with an online link to manufacturer’s instructions or appropriate videos